Battery was drained overnight

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by St8kout, Jun 25, 2010.

1. St8kout macrumors regular

Ok, does the top on/off switch REALLY turn the phone off?

The battery was low when I first got it (yesterday) so I charged it to full, then spent the rest of the day learning how to use all the features. It was at about 86% by the time I turned it off and went to bed.

Turned it on just now and the battery is at 1% as if it had been left running all night. It says to just hold the top button for a few seconds to turn it off, right? Am I missing something?

I have it set to Airplane mode as I'm using my computer as a wifi hotspot to get online with it without using any data plane time. How can I find out if anything is still running?

Edit: Ok, mystery solved. I never saw the slide to power off bar so apparently I left the phone on standby all night. This is my first iphone.

2. burton212 macrumors newbie

Don't leave apps running in the background also when your not using it

3. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

if it was at 86% before you went to bed, and you never touched it, woke up and it was 1%, that sounds odd. NO WAY it should have drained it, I dont care what all was turned on etc

I have an iphone 4 myself and have owned an iphone since launch of the 1st gen in 2007.

4. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Dear world,

This is why Apple did not want unlimited multitasking. Even with limited multitasking you can see what happens.

5. jayducharme macrumors 68040

jayducharme

Well, at least your battery will be calibrated now! :)