Battery Weight for Magic Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Htin, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Htin macrumors regular

Htin

Hi Forum, not sure where to post this.

Currently I'm using Sanyo's Eneloop 1900mah aa batteries for my magic mouse but they are rather heavy.

Any other alternatives and suggestions?

Thanks for reading, hope to hear from you guys.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Lithium AA batteries are fairly light but not rechargeable.

3. Dark Dragoon macrumors 6502a

Dark Dragoon

Could try the Sanyo Eneloop Lite which are around 19g each versus 27g for the normal ones. They do have half the capacity though.

4. Htin thread starter macrumors regular

Htin

thanks for the reply guys any idea which would be the lightest? would be fine even if its not rechargeable. the magic mouse is just so heavy and its mouse feet isn't smooth. i was thinking if i get lighter batteries it would help.

5. opinio macrumors 65816

Energizer Lithium are the lightest batteries and last the longest of any AA battery. The AAs in my keyboard last over a year (longer than I can remember), while the AAs in my Magic Mouse last well over six months.

Not rechargable though.

6. Htin thread starter macrumors regular

Htin

thanks mate, i'll go out and grab some of these and report back after i've done so :)

7. Htin thread starter macrumors regular

Htin

Guys i bought the Energizer Ultimate batts they are really really light but still.. the magic mouse doesn't glide as much as i want it to.

i've tried using the Magic Feet Ceramic Feet its average. Just ordered Fliders for the magic mouse.

wanted to buy another wireless mouse instead but most of them requires the additional usb dongle which i dislike.

:(

8. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Only decent Bluetooth mouse I use is a Razor Orochi 2013.

9. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

What are you using for a surface/mouse pad? I use this from 3M and my MM glides across it nicely.

10. Htin thread starter macrumors regular

Htin

i'm using just mobile alupad. i've also tried using my steel series 9hd surface.

my other wired mouse which is a steel series xai for using on my windows desktop computer slides with a gentle push even without a mousepad.

I just wished the MM was able to glide better... maybe due to the design of its "legs".