Battery will not charge, ugh

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by marmacbook, Nov 6, 2009.

1. marmacbook macrumors newbie

I'm having in issue with my 13 " macbook (Late 2008). It's not charging! When I plug my adapter in, the little charging indicator is a faint green, not the bright green it usually is. It does show on my computer that the adapter is connected, but it's not charging.

I recently reformatted my whole computer (started from scratch). Also, I was having battery issues a few months back and got the battery replaced, so I don't think it's a battery issue.

I also reset the PRAM and checked my adapter and port for dirt and such, but it's pretty clean.

Is there any other suggestions on what I can do, or what can be done?

2. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

i've had this issue with my magsafe, not sure what the exact problem is but try turning the magsafe plug the other side up and plug it in that way, it works for me for some reason,

3. celticpride678

Try a SMC Reset. If that does not work, it is the power adapter that needs to be replaced.

4. phas3 macrumors 65816

sorry to bring this up but is the power adapter covered by the warranty? can i just get a new one for free?

5. celticpride678

If you are within warranty or have Apple Care (and it shows no user damage), it will be covered and free.

6. boston44 macrumors 6502

Take it to a genius bar..it will be under warranty assuming you still have warranty..

Actually, I think all accessories as well as the computer is under warranty when you buy a mac...