Battery Won't Charge No Green Light

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by DanWLewis, Mar 10, 2013.

1. DanWLewis macrumors newbie

My 2006 Macbook won't charge the battery anymore and the green/orange light on the magsafe won't turn on. I've replaced the battery and the magsafe cord, no luck. What is the next likely problem, and if I choose not to fix it will it cause other problems with the computer? Right now it seems to work fine as long as it is plugged in.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If the battery and the MagSafe adapter are both connected and working properly, the remaining culprit would be the logic board. Take it to Apple so they can test it to tell you exactly what the problem is.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. DanWLewis thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks. I've called around and it will cost $95 to diagnose. If it is likely the logic board it is 400+ to fix, unless I can do it myself, but I don't know how. I was thinking about using that money on Ebay to get a slighter newer Pro and upgrade a little.

----------

I can get a used logic board on Ebay for $120. Can I install this myself? I'm sort of handy, but I've never done this on a laptop before. Is it difficult?