battery won't charge to 100%..is this normal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by M1K3YY, Apr 22, 2010.

1. M1K3YY macrumors newbie

ijust calibrated my batttery and my charger light is green which signifies its not charging anymore..and the icon at the top of my screen says charged..BUT Coconut battery says my current battery charge is as follows:

Current Battery Charge: 5807 mAh
    Maximum Battery Charge: 5853 mAh

@99%

Current Battery Capacity: 5853 mAh
    Original Battery Capacity: 5770 mAh

@100%

Additional Info:
    Battery-Loadcycles: 6
    Age of Mac: 7weeks
    Charger Connected: yes
    Battery is charging: no

so my battery charge is stuck at 99% and its been plugged in for the past 3 hours, and its saying my current battery capacity is higher than my original battery capacity.. is that normal?.. i cant seem to get my battery to 100percent and its not charging..someone please help

Screen shot 2010-04-23 at 12.02.55 AM.png

here is a screenshot of coconutbattery after calibration, i just got my macbook last week..should i be worried about the battery at all?

2. GGJstudios, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited: May 1, 2012

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's perfectly normal. It won't always charge to 100%. It sometimes stops at 98%, 99%, etc. Don't worry about it. Battery readings, including battery health, aren't entirely accurate and will fluctuate over time.

3. M1K3YY thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thanks..sorry its my first macbook..imean i did dish out the money for this thing..ijust wanted to make sure it is okay.. maybe im just a lil paranoid...but thanks for your response

4. kyleh613 macrumors regular

Always try to do a search first before starting a new thread. Because chances are your question has already been answered and you could have found it a lot faster that way.

5. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

Yes, same thing here..my MBA fluctuates between 96% and 98% according to CB, It charges to 100% on the battery meter, and the key thing is that it does last the 7+ hours as it should.

A difference of as much as 5% is not uncommon and is nothing to worry about. My MBP is the opposite...CC reports it at 101% but I take it with a pinch of salt...Istat is roughly the same, and the battery estimates for KB and MM are totally wrong. This is due mainly to my use of Eneloops in both....It will show 100% one day, 60 the next etc. but I still get the full use from all devices.

The only time you need be concerned is if your up time reduces dramatically.