Battery won't charge to 100%

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by fanboi4lyfe, Jul 20, 2015.

1. fanboi4lyfe macrumors regular

fanboi4lyfe

So I know that there was a thread about this awhile back, but I was having issues finding it. Just in the past three charges or so, I take my watch off the charger at 99 or 98% where as before it would always be 100%. Is anyone else having these issues?

I restarted both the watch and my phone this morning as my watch battery seems to be draining more heavily today too because it is already at 70% battery with only 5 hours and 30 min of standby but for some reason 1.5 hours of usage even though I have barely used...

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Sometimes mine stops at 99%, but doesn't seem to effect how fast it discharges.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I do not think I have ever even looked. I just remove it from the charger and go!

4. applewatch, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015

applewatch macrumors regular

Actually, I had this issue last week, but it fixed itself today. I think it's normal. Just use it as you would normally and don't give it any thought. I know it's going to be hard to not notice the battery drain.

5. CellXor10 macrumors regular

I had this issue arise (again, tho first time I've noticed in quite awhile, and maybe only the 2nd or 3rd time really overall) over this past weekend. at different times in the same day it got stuck at 95%, 96%, and 98%. Tho it eventually one time finally jumped from 98% right to 100% upon me placing on the charger again after a stretch of time on my wrist.

I too think it is somewhat "normal" for this to happen. In that, I don't think it is something you should really worry about. Unless it becomes a constant occurrence and you do notice true affects on your battery life.

6. applewatch macrumors regular

Yeah, I'm gonna add to your statement and mention that it does that so it doesn't overcharge the battery. That's why when you take your Watch off the charger, it is either cool or warm to the touch. Cool meaning the Watch is discharging the battery and not charging. Warm meaning that the battery is charging.

I think that's right.

And you're right, nothing to worry about.

7. fanboi4lyfe thread starter macrumors regular

fanboi4lyfe

Thanks everyone for you input on this, I will keep an eye on it for now. But like a few of you said it seems nothing to worry over. But I have noticed that some days the battery drains quicker than others and for what seemingly feels like no reason at all. Thanks!

8. CellXor10 macrumors regular

Could just be from accidental, false positives for wrist raising that you don't really take note of or potentially don't even notice happening at all sometimes. It certainly can happen much more on some days than others. Just a thought.