Battery Won't Charge to Full Capacity

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Whalensdad, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Whalensdad macrumors member

Title says it all. I have had my MBA for 5 weeks. The max charge on the battery is 7133mAh. The battery only charges to 6791 mAh before it indicates that it is at 100% in the status bar and stops charging. When I use coconutBattery it indicates that the battery is charged only to 95%.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What can I do to get it to charge to 100%? Do I need to bring the system to the Genius Bar?

Thanks!

2. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

3. Whalensdad thread starter macrumors member

I run it down to below 9% and then charge it.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's normal that your battery may stop charging between 93-99%. For details, read the CHARGING section of the following link.
    That isn't necessary. Run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can. You can plug or unplug any time you need to, regardless of the charged percentage, and you never need to completely drain your battery. Just make sure you don't run on AC power exclusively, as your battery needs to be used regularly to stay healthy.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Run it down to 80-90% and then recharge and you will likely see it get up closer to 100%. It is designed not to fully charge from slight usage at say 96% to prevent overcharging. Your battery seems normal.