Battery %

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by alanrocks, Jan 9, 2013.

1. alanrocks macrumors regular

alanrocks

By having your battery % on, does this actually decrease your battery life quicker than having it turned off?

Thanks

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

3. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I don't know.

Every time I turn it off, it's hard to tell how quickly the battery is draining :eek:

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

LOL turning the battery percentage on doesnt drain the battery. the only thing it does do when turning it on is make you more neurotic about battery life.

5. alanrocks thread starter macrumors regular

alanrocks

Haha that is very true!! I was just curious as I was on a long train journey without a plug point in sight and my battery was running low so i was looking for the best way to preserve the battery i had left!!

6. sammich, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013

sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Yes, and indicating when changing lanes and turning in your car consumes petrol. I also drive without my headlights at night time to save even more.

In case you can't tell I'm being sarcastic: The extra white pixels that the percentage indicator text would need to be displayed consumes 100% more electricity than if those pixels were black/off. Also, there is an overhead needed for the OS to calculate the pixels needed to display and reading the battery levels consumes additional power. So, it's pretty obvious, turn off the battery percentage indicator. Hell, turn off your phone and throw it away.

7. mykie macrumors newbie

Battery %

I have suffered poor battery state since the update to IOS6 which I suspect has caused a lot of problems for users. One week ago, I had to charge my iPhone 4S three times during one day and still found it down to virtually nil next morning. Having complained previously to both my service provider and Apple (who both hinted that there were no problems as far as they were concerned), I decided to follow advice from the internet and backed-up my phone to iCloud, re-set the phone back to factory settings and then sync'ed everything back again. Since then, the phone has been great, losing only a few % per day, even when all the location services, wi-fi and bluetooth on.

Has Apple found what the problem was and sneaked a fix in without declaring it?

8. In Utopia macrumors regular

Both my phone and pad have the %, but my wife's new 4s doesn't.
    Is she missing something?

9. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Settings-->General-->Usage-->Battery Percentage. It can be toggled on or off.

10. In Utopia macrumors regular

Thanks for the help.
    Funny thing is I don't remember turning this on on either my phone or pad, but then again I've slept since then.