Battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lodds, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Lodds macrumors newbie

First post so please be gentle with me:)

I have an i7 late 2011 MacBook Pro that is constantly switching off. Sometimes that battery will be registering 98% full and plugged into the power and will suddenly just switch off. Then there are time when I can use it for long periods of time without issue.

I believe this is a battery problem, but need either confirmation or an alternative. If it is a battery issue, can anyone recommend a good source to get one from. There are loads China based all claiming original parts. I know they are not but as long as the part is okay I really don't care if it is original or not.
    Thanks

2. Beecker macrumors member

Beecker

Are you conferrable opening the bottom and checking if the battery looks swollen? If so start there and see if it is. I would say that if it does, then it most likely the battery. If it not then check to make sure the connection is on tight. I'm pretty sure someone else on here would be able to help beyond me.

3. Lodds thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, thanks for your input. The battery and connections look okay.

4. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Take them to Apple and get them check out.
    Thats the best and safest way to be sure.
    You can get it checked out for free at the Genius.
    As long as you have AppleCare, your repair would be free (unless if it was your fault. Only manufacture defects)