battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by keema, Jun 11, 2013.

1. keema macrumors member

Hi everyone...

Just want to know how to check if the battery on a macbook pro 15 i7 2.2ghz is working fine?

I asked this cuz yes it is charging but i noticed that it drains fast?

And is it normal, that for example you're not doing anything and the lid is not closed so obviously it will go for sleep after a few minutes (default), the battery gets drained? I would have thought that since it is setup to go to sleep it shouldnt drain the batt. That quick?

Or this is just normal even in sleep mode with lid open that the batt drains because it is still uses battery?

Lastly, can i replace the batt on this macbook pro?

2. simsaladimbamba

If the lid is not closed and the sleeping light is not pulsating, the Mac is not sleeping but only turning off the backlight.

Sleeping drains battery by 1% per hour of sleep since the RAM needs to be powered.

Draining the battery depends on screen brightness and CPU activity.

The battery on your MBP can be replaced, but the Apple Store will do it for you since it is not deemed user-replaceable.

• BATTERY INFORMATION
    • BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE
    • AC POWER
    • CALIBRATION
    • BATTERY LIFESPAN
    • CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH
    • CHARGING
    • WHAT IS A CYCLE?
    • BATTERIES ARE NOT COVERED
    • BULGING OR SWELLING BATTERY

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, to get a knowledgable audience and help making the thread easier to find for people looking for the same information, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.