Battery?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by o.neill.kid, Jul 21, 2009.

1. o.neill.kid macrumors member

Hi so I am thinking about buying the Macbook Pro with the two graphics card. I have never had a Macbook or any Apple computer before and I was just wondering. I do like to use my computer on the road and stuff but for the most part its just at my desk plugged in. So I was wondering, does keeping the computer plugged in (with already 100% battery) be bad for it? Also if you keep plug in all the time, does it register as a battery cycle? Sorry for the dumb question just wondering!

2. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301)

It is good to dran the battery every now and then to keep the cells active. And no, one cycle is based on cumulative dicharges; idle time on the charger does not count as a cycle.

3. o.neill.kid thread starter macrumors member

Yea, I do the same on my current laptop and I let it discharge fully about 1-2 a month, so should I do more on the MBP? And how long does the battery last realistically Apple says 5 years but how long really? Since you can't replace it, if the battery does die / has problems or whatever do you send it to Apple and they replace it? How much does that cost if you are out of warranty? Also is it worth getting the extended warranty? Its $400!

4. doox00 macrumors regular

Get apple care from ebay for under 100.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Once or twice a month is fine.

Nobody can tell you anything reliable on this since they were just introduced 2 months ago.

http://www.apple.com/support/macbookpro/service/battery/