BatteryDetective Max Capacity

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by puritytears, Feb 18, 2011.

1. puritytears macrumors newbie

There was a time where the max capacity was at 1401+
    and recently it started dropping constantly from 1383 followed by 1379 now ..
    Anyone have any idea how to increase it ? I remove a few tweaks that i recently installed too . I read somewhere in the forum that Cycle charging it would increase . Would draining it until it shuts down before cycle charging or just when it drops below 20% be better ?

Similarly in another forum a guy said (t's only good to let it drain and charge once a month or two month to re-calibrate the battery.
    If you do it over and over and over again, it stresses the battery, thus giving you a shorter life.)

Or should i just do cycle charges once/twice a month ( usually do cycle charges every charge)
    I'm concerned about this as my battery seems to be worsening , and i only had it since last December (2-3 months)

2. oakie, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2011

oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

read the instructions or search the Apple Support site on proper battery care.

based on your numbers, it also means you've lost a total of 1.5% of your battery's total capacity in 2-3 months time. depending on how many total charge cycles you have on your battery already, that's either average, or well below average. but it's not by any means excessive or a sign of anything wrong.

above all else, all batteries have a finite number of charge cycles and always degrade over time. the iPhone battery is designed to last roughly 400 to 500 charge cycles in it's lifetime. during this time, you will slowly lose capacity, just like you've witnessed, until the battery no longer holds a worthwhile charge as you reach 500 charge cycles.

and nothing says the app you're using is 100% accurate, either.

3. puritytears thread starter macrumors newbie

The battery charge shown on the app is around 4.65 different from what is shown on the top . i had around 67 cycle charges based on the app . I guess it's pretty normal then . Was very disturbed by this previously as i seen some other people with around this/higher cycles charges having better max capacity . might replaced the battery in future , thanks ;)

4. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

The iPhone 4 is supposed to hold up to 80% of its battery life for the first 400 *full* cycles. After approximately 400 cycles, your battery will still work but will have less than 80% health.

5. puritytears, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2011

puritytears thread starter macrumors newbie

Hopefully mine can hold up till 80% by then . Anyway after my carrier 2year contract is over i would definitely change for iphone 5/6 ^^
    If anyone have any experience on increasing the max capacity please share still .

6. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

you cant change a battery's max capacity. :facepalm: