Battle case video done. Product will be available in 2 weeks!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jk649, Sep 3, 2011.

1. jk649 macrumors newbie

2. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Sorry but the handle is silly. What market research did you do to make you believe that was a good idea? Don't see this case being a major seller for you. The kevlar insert is also a gimmick but I'm sure it will help you sell some cases. Get rid of the silly handle and the case looks pretty good..... silly handle = deal killer IMHO.

3. XMRadioMike macrumors newbie

What really? Thats the dumbest case i've seen. "quick reload" out of your pocket so you don't miss calls? Sometimes you just have to say dumb idea, and this is one of them. Thats a lot of emphasis on such a silly handle as a selling point. And if I was in battle, i'd get something more rugged with front protection too. Good luck with it, hopefully you'll sell the 3 in the video at least.

Sorry for being blunt.

4. jk649 thread starter macrumors newbie

This case idea is coming from soldiers (Army SF) overseas. Similar idea to Magpul magazine pull to pull out magazine from pocket. It mainly designs for battle field.

5. scutts macrumors member

well,, getting an inspiration is one thing but design should be focused for the average joe's that will buy the damn thing. Unless of course this product is only targeted to sell for soldiers in the battle fields..

6. Anotoneher macrumors member

This case would not only be a huge seller for Military but police would scoop it up in a second if it came with some sort of built on screen cover. A lot of Police departments in my area are using iPhones with Otterbox cases and they've all said it'd be FANTASTIC if it had a built on handle for easy access/hanging in the squad car.

7. DroidRules, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2011

DroidRules macrumors 65816

Sorry but 6 year army vet here (not SF but deployed all the same) and I still wouldn't want the handle. Now in life I work with Deputies here in the great state of Colorado and I showed this to a few of them and the overwhelming reaction was bewilderment at the "handle". The typical soldier (SF or not) and LEO do not put their phone in their pants pocket. LEO's put it in a case on their belt and soldiers will typically put it in their ACU coat pocket. I say make a model without a handle and see which sells more...... I bet you can guess which one will.

Not hating just reacting. Like I said, lose the handle and it's a pretty nice case.

Not trying to be an ass but the LAST thing a soldier needs while on the battle field is a handle on their case to be able to access their phone "faster". If accessing their iPhone in a hurry is what they're worried about then I guess it will make it easier for the medic to pull the phone out of their pocket as he/she is prepping them for packaging and transport home to their loved ones.

8. karleaglemac macrumors regular

karleaglemac

I think you guys are missing the whole point here.

The case is trying SO HARD to be useful.

Isn't that worth something? ;)