Battle for Middle Earth 2 in Bootcamp?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Mayor McNaked, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Mayor McNaked macrumors newbie

Has anyone had any luck running BfME2 on a Macbook using Bootcamp? I have a 1.83 GHz Macbook with an XP partition and was wondering if I could run it or if I need to upgrade to a MB Pro. I don't mind lowering the graphics settings as long as it runs at a playable rate. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Also, I'm not sure if this is the right forum or if it belongs in the Games forum, but I put it here since it's hardware specific.

2. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I would be willing to bet that you may have to upgrade laptops. The MB was not made to support any type of 3D gaming or pretty much gaming... The video card is just the generic Intel Video Adapter.

I have the MBP and am running EverQuest 2. I had to upgrade to Vista to do so but it plays like a champ now.

Peace:cool:

3. Mayor McNaked thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I'd love to have a Pro, but the Macbook meets my needs adequately for everything else. Looking at the System Requirements, apparently the game will run on a GMA 900, so I don't think the lack of a dedicated graphics card will be a problem. Just wondering if anyone has any experience running it in Boot Camp.

Thanks for the tip, though. :)