Battle.net Friend App ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Zak.V, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Zak.V macrumors member

Im looking for an app that will act like a messenger. Alert me when people sign on and leave.

Ive looked around on google a bit and cant really find anything. An extension to adium would be amazing.

SC2 really taxes my system when all i want to do is wait for friends. (13 MBP)

2. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

I would suggest taking up coding and making one yourself. Can't say I know of one that exists.

Xfire is probably about a close as you could get but it doesn't read your friend's list, they'd also have to have it. Plus it's PC only so no luck if you're running a mac (as I assume you are in this forum)

3. Zak.V thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the bump but i seriously doubt i will get it figured out.

Found a windows app online last night, looked shady so i brushed it off went back and found a site that works. Found out it would do exactly what i wanted but!...

Bad news on 18/03/2006 01:13 PM
    It's been a long time since I've written here. Unfortunately I bring bad news this time. Recently Blizzard has decided to shut the telnet (chat) protocol down. What does it mean? Simply, BNUM does not work anymore.
    I've asked about the reasons of this decision on the Battle.net forums but didn't get any answer. Not surprising at all...
    The only info I could find on Battle.net forums is "Telnet is no longer available on Battle.net servers. Please use the game client." posted by DatH, a Blizzard Poster.
    As for now I'm not planning to emulate any of the game clients. But maybe if I had enough time during vacation, after my final exams... Who knows.

That was the latest update :(

Any awesome person out there wanna do it?:D

****EDIT****

Some good news i read on the sc2 forums how to cap framerates. By setting the menus to 12 fps my MBP no longer gets bogged down.

To do this navigate to
    /Macintosh HD/Users/TheUserYouInstalledSC2Under/Documents/Blizzard/StarCraft II/Variables.txt

in Variables.txt add

frameratecap=60
    frameratecapGlue=60

set the "60" to whatever fps you wish. "frameratecap" affects in game play and "frameratecapGlue" sets the frame rate for the menus.

i set to

frameratecap=40
    frameratecapGlue=12

the rest of the guide is here its a good read and tells what settings to use for the optimal balance between effects and frame rates