Battle With Nintendo - I won ... eventually !!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by MRU, Aug 28, 2015.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

So a good number of weeks ago I picked up Kirby's Epic Yarn on Wii U because it was advertised as supporting Wii U gamepad in the accessories description. Sadly it turned out it did not and therefore offered no benefit over my Disc version, so I contacted Nintendo for a refund ....

What followed was WEEKS of letters back and forth. They claimed they couldn't see the description on the e-store and I had to prove evidence which I did on 5 occasions because it kept getting passed around from one person to another.

Finally after receiving photos they finally sent it off to head office .... Three weeks later - I finally get confirmation they were wrong - they have amended the e-shop details and refunded the €19.99

I am genuinely amazed that it actually took so long to get a resolution to this e-store problem / mistake and thought I would just let you know if you have bought Kirby's Epic Yarn under the impression it was Wii-U gamepad compatible, you now are in a position to ask for a refund on your purchase.

Either way it should not take a couple of months to resolve such a simple mistake and I'm sure PSN & Xbox Stores would have refunded the same day as ringing.

Nintendo customer support are helpful - but they really need to work on their e-store structure and policies. It should not require an extra intervention by the Head Office to sanction a refund.

Rant over :)

2. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Is Nintendo Support actually Nintendo or some third party company in India or Asia?

3. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Nintendo UK support telephone did seem to be in the UK - but its really impossible to tell these days.