battlefield 1942

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by JoeForts, Feb 29, 2008.

1. JoeForts macrumors newbie

So I have this BF1942 deluxe edition, and this thing is suppose to run on macs. But it doesn't seem to work on mine....I'm new to macs still. I have a mac book pro.

Processor 2ghz intel core duo
    memory 1GB 667 MHz RAM

I put the CD in....it doesn't do anything, it appears on my desktop and that's it.

Am I doing something wrong here? Do I need to go in the CD and find something? Or do I have to download something that will make battlefield work on macs.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

OS X does not have AutoRun, as a result, you must open the disc and run the installer. Also, you may want to check Aspyr's site for a universal update to maximize the speed the game will run.

TEG

3. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I don't believe OS X will autorun discs of this nature, if that's what you're getting at...

Edit: Beaten to it! ;)

4. JoeForts thread starter macrumors newbie

I did go into the disc....and clicked on the autorun.exe and I got the message "there is no default application specified to open the file document autorun.exe" and then asks me to choose an application.

I also tried to open the autorun.inf, setup.exe, setup.ini all gettin the same pop up message.

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

You have the windows version. It won't install in OS X.

Is there something with a different icon with install in the name that is without an extension (.exe)?

6. JoeForts thread starter macrumors newbie

No their isn't. Would there be a way to have this work on a mac?

7. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

the only way that disc will work on a mac is if you use bootcamp. You have to buy a specific mac disc

8. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

To operate in OSX you need the Mac version by Aspyr (with EA logo). The version you have is the EA version for Windows.

TEG

9. JoeForts thread starter macrumors newbie

10. snook1 macrumors newbie