Battlefield 2 + Vmware Fusion 3 (56k Warning)

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by SpeedFleX, Nov 13, 2010.

1. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502

I am trying to get battlefield 2 to look right does anybody have this problem and maybe a solution?

[​IMG]

2. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

To play a game like BF2 you'll want to boot into windows to play it properly.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You know you can compress images using Preview (Vorschau) and saving it as JPEG and lowering the quality? You .png is 2.8MB, the JPEG I uploaded is 170KB.
    [​IMG]

Btw, what does that image tell us? Too few details?

And I agree with the above poster, it is better to play such games via Boot Camp, as the GPU is directly addressed that way. Using a VM does add another layer to talk to before the GPU is reached, thus the problem you have.

4. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Parrallels and Fusion are not real gaming platforms. They can play some old games but nothing like BF2. The entire computer is virtualized at that time and so are the drivers; and they aren't that good. So don't expect much out of them.

5. SpeedFleX thread starter macrumors 6502

ok I guess I'll install boot camp, to bad because I had zero lag, only the textures are messed up.

Thx anyways

6. doh123 macrumors 65816

I've seen BF2 run fine in hacked Cider builds and Wine...

Windows gaming on OSX is usually only good if your using something Wine based. While VMWare and Parallels use some Wine code for doing graphics in Windows, its still not as good because it has the overhead of running a whole OS, and Wine is just a compatibility layer to run the software directly.

7. SpeedFleX thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried that too but it complains that the CD isn't in, me thinking the latest patch which doesnt check, did not want to install for whatever reason