Battlefield 2

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by maccauni, Apr 16, 2009.

1. maccauni macrumors member

So the Battlefield 2 complete collection is less than £10 now, so its defiantly time to get back to the battlefield.

Searched the forums and couldn't find answers to my questions so here goes.

1. how does it run under bootcamp xp with a unibody 2.0 macbook (9400m obviously) are there any known issues?

2. are the servers still nice and full?

thanks in advance

Lee

2. dustydog macrumors newbie

Download the demo. I forget where to find it, but google "Battlefield 2 Demo"

I have it running on my white macbook which I bought in September 2008 under bootcamp.

2.0GHz processor
    1 gig ram (might actually be 2, but I think its 1)
    intel GMA x3100 graphics card

and it seems to run fine. Mind you, this is just the original game, no expansion packs, no booster packs, I don't think I've even installed any patches.

I've heard that using the latest intel graphics drivers and the latest directX will let it run even better.

Anyways, I've been playing online, and it works pretty well. The graphics are fine, but my only problem is that it sometimes crashes and boots me to the desktop, which is very frustrating. Other than that, no issues. I guess I should download the patches and see if that fixes my problem. There's still plenty of servers.

I actually just bought the battlefield complete collection (the original game), and I love it. It runs really great, and is a classic game, and costs 10 bucks on amazon. There's still plenty of BF1 servers out there (though none of them seem to have secret weapons of WWII, which I love!)

but yeah, I think BF2 will run fine. Download the demo a play a little bit to make sure.