Battlefield 2142 1.5 Widescreen problem. HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by SHIVER, Aug 11, 2008.

1. SHIVER macrumors newbie

Hey folks.

#1 I cannot get WIDESCREEN MODES working, even though it's a feature in 1.5.
    How do I get widescreen working?

I have a 2.4GHZ Aluminum iMac....with widescreen. Only 2 screen selections, tried both, using 1024x768 as highest res, but shows up as a SQUARE on my screen with black borders, just like in previous version.

PS do the DRONES work in Mac also??? I could NEVER get any drones to show up even though I have NetBat.

thanks!
    A

2. Terminator2119 macrumors newbie

Terminator2119

Same thing

I also have the 2.4ghz :apple: iMac 20", and even with the patch I cannot get the widescreen to work.

Its as if battlefield thinks the monitor cant change to 1680x1050...
    Which is it's native resolution. I've tried modifying the "config" settings, and still nothing.:mad:

If anyone knows how to solve this particular problem with 20" iMacs, please help us out.:rolleyes:

3. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I have a 24" 2.8ghz (per sig) and after 1.5 the widescreen works great. Did you try deleting your preferences folder and letting bf2142 create a new one?

I didn't have to do that, after the update, I cranked it up and all the resolutions where now present, before it only showed 2 but now shows all and they DO work, so chin up, not sure why it's broken for you but before anything rash I would try deleting the prefs folder for your bf2142.

Maybe you could shed some light as to what iMacs you have? OP said 2.4ghz what graphics card, revision, etc.

4. Terminator2119 macrumors newbie

Terminator2119

RE:kkat

Hmm, I have deleted some folders but, could you specify a file path for me. (library/prefs?).:confused:

I need exact folders to delete, cause i have reinstalled it before. :mad:

There are also multiple users on the computer, would that affect it?

The iMac is a :apple:20" (1680x1050) 2.4ghz Intel Core 2 Duo T7700, ATi Radeon HD 256mb 2600XT, 2gb ram, 250gb hd.:)

Also is there a Cumulative 1.5 update for mac, i have 1.4 and 1.5 regular though.

5. NSWMaps macrumors member

Im having the same problem as many people above.

6. FizzZ* macrumors member

try this, delet the game, throw it in the trash the whole file, install the game again on the computer, restart the computer, and then do what kkat69 did, he cranked it all up. and tell me if it works ( make sure you delet all the files for the game! then install it again! ).

7. katnoodle macrumors newbie