BattleField Bad Company 2/Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by TheShinyMac, Feb 18, 2010.

1. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

I am getting tired of Modern Warfare 2, there is to many issues with the game. When I saw there was a demo for BF BC 2, I was pumped and it turns out the game is perfect. I have already pre-ordered it and I am ready for March 2nd. Unfortunately I only have xbox. I do consider my self good however I am not an arse. I am looking for a good squad of people that will play MW2 and BF BC2. I'd rather not have my gamertag all over the internet so if you want to start a squad please send me a message.

2. Nuck81 macrumors regular

I sold MW2 after about two weeks and went back to WAW....

3. chomomo macrumors member

MW2 Done with...

Yeah, I played the Battlefield demo, and really liked it. MW2.1 is somewhat arcade like, but not as good as the good ole quake days... Plus on the 360, change between host is very annoying. I for one am anxious to get the new game. :D

4. talkingfuture macrumors 65816

talkingfuture

I'm looking forward to Bad Company 2, just got the first one the other week for a bargain price off Amazon. I thought the campaign was very refreshing as it had plenty of humour and had clearly been made with having fun as a priority over realism. Apparently the previews say the campaign in the second one will be even better.

5. Dragonforce macrumors 6502a

Dragonforce

I will play this on my Mac, I even pre-ordered a ranked 32 slot server... so if anybody wants to team up (on Mac / Bootcamp) drop me a message and I will send you all the infos.

6. robj macrumors regular

I haven't played BFBC2, but BFBC 1 was a poor game compared with MW1.

yes, MW2 has issues, but I think that it's hard BFBC2 would be better than the Inifinity Ward work.

Anyway, I want to give it a try :D

7. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

BF is quite fun, I like the demo. However, it's worse than MW in the frustrating-to-die-10seconds-into-the-spawn-from-some-sniper and is annoying because you need to wait 10 seconds before respawning, unlike MW which is instant. The kits are kind of cool but again, only have ONE weapon until I unlock more (which is taking a long while...) is a bit of a drag. The biggest hitch with BF so far is that the matches take far too long. Over 30 minutes for one... I don't want to play one match for so long....

8. spacemanps macrumors regular

spacemanps

any body that will be playing COD or BF on PS3 let me know!!! im on all the time

9. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

I like the 10 second spawn thing, lets me get in a glug of beer and handful of peanuts.

10. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

WAW??? Are you kidding me?

11. spacemanps macrumors regular

spacemanps

first off WAW sucked!!!!! it was cool for a lil.. but got old reallly fast.. MW2=best game...

i demoed Battlefield bad company 2... and its crazy hard..

12. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

My PSN name is: Dreaded_Panda

Look me up! I'll play with you.

By the way, I play CODMW2.

13. DdMac679 macrumors member

DdMac679

I was a huge fan of MW but became greatly disappointed with the series when MW2 came out. I am use to the COD1/2 type of gameplay, especially when you could deploy strategy to win match but MW2 is too run and gun for me. I decided to download the BC2 demo (PS3) this morning and I fell in love with this game in the 2 hours I played it. With the larger maps, longer rounds, and deployable vehicles from tanks to UAV’s, you can’t go wrong.

14. spacemanps macrumors regular

spacemanps

yeah it BC2 is a great game... i found the movement not as fluid as MW2, granted BC2 is a demo so there maybe a lot of difference, but i feel like there was a bit of lag? i dunno

What dont you like about MW2?

and its really hard at first to stay alive in BC2, i am nasty at MW2.. (last game i played 33-6) and i love the game... its just getting a little old.. i stated playing COD on COD 4 which was a great game and i loved it.. but the game that really attracted me to first person shooters was BF2 on PC (GREAT GAME, would still play it if i had my pc)

15. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I love both games, pre-ordered BC2 today, i like it a little more then MW2 just because of the explodable buildings and such..

16. DdMac679 macrumors member

DdMac679

It's not that I don't like MW2, I just think it is too much run-and-gun w/o team game play involvement. I guess I am to use to the PC COD series that when I got this for PS3 I was somewhat disappointed.

17. robotartfashion macrumors 6502

I played the heck out of the first BC, it's a great game.

I've also played COD:MF2 extensively in the last 3 months and while its a great game it is very arcadey and I really find it to be extremely repetitive. It's a great game but I just feel like its the old days of me sitting there rinsing and repeating with Halo 2.

I participated in the PS3 beta for BC2 and have played about 4 hours of the demo and I find the game to be fantastic. There are so many different skills to master and there's nothing like the adrenaline rush of trying to hold a crate from a hornets nest of enemies while it counts down to explosion or taking on a tank as a engineer.

The new weapons that weren't in the beta look awesome including the Garand, the M14, and the G3.

I hardly ever buy new releases but I pre-ordered this one and I'm heading up to the Gamestop at midnight. See you all online! (PS3 for this one)

18. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I love MW2, and I love the BF series... I'll probably get BC2 tomorrow, and still play MW2. :D

19. Stewahn macrumors newbie

had to laugh so hard on that one!

What do you guys think how bf bc2 will run (runs) on the current MBP 15" 2.8 GHz 512MB graca ?

Thanks in advance

20. Vidder macrumors regular

Vidder

Just got BFBC2 yesterday. Played a few campaign missions. Nothing online yet. I HATE you can't lay down in the game...and the controls are (obviously) a bit different, so i'm still getting use to it.

MW2 is awesome but, like previously mentioned, there are too many shlubs that run around like ass-clowns. IMO if they are going to run around the same corner carelessly all game, then i'll camp up in that window all day.

- Hopefully BF2 will bring out some more organized, team work stuff.

21. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

Is anybody else experiencing connection problems with BF:BC2? I'm playing the PS3 version and I get connection disconnects on a regular basis, to the point where I struggle to play a whole online match.

Infuriating to say the least!

22. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I play for hours a day and never have a disconnect. Maybe something going on with your connection?

23. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

Connection seems fine - nothing else is dropping, nor do other games...

24. nathan123 macrumors newbie

bbc2

i have a 13" macbook pro 2.4 ghz, 4 gb ram, nvidia 320m graphics, will i be able to play battlefield 2 using windows 7 ??

25. yukenation978 macrumors newbie

how did u get it to work?? everytime i try it freezes 5 mins into multiplayer game. and by looking at your specs i have the same model mbp as you. i have bootcamp with windows xp sp3. someone help me please i wanna play this game