Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DorseyR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
Just curious if anyone else has been apart of this massive franchise & at the moment huge catastrophe of a game launch..

The game is amazing but at the moment very unstable & crashing on everyones machines! I've been able to finish the single player campaign crash free but multiplayer only for a few hours before servers began freezing on me =/ JUST to give everyone the heads up in the MAC community, WAIT or make sure you know what your getting into before purchasing this game for ur Mac/Bootcamp

BTW My machine is
27' Imac i7 2.8 quad
Radeon HD 4850 512mb
4g Ram
XP 32bit Bootcamp

Wish you all good gaming!

Revelation78

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2008
North Carolina
It was a pretty messed-up launch. There were, and still some remain, numerous connection issues. I actually had a lot of crashes on my PC when playing the single player campaign. When I played on my MBP - none, go figure.

When the game is running good, it's a blast.

DorseyR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
It was a pretty messed-up launch. There were, and still some remain, numerous connection issues. I actually had a lot of crashes on my PC when playing the single player campaign. When I played on my MBP - none, go figure.

When the game is running good, it's a blast.

Wow well have you tried online with ur MBP yet? INSANE when it works haha I'm hopin this all gets resolved soon, im worried for my beautiful new Imac =O it doesnt like freezing :D

Revelation78

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2008
North Carolina
Wow well have you tried online with ur MBP yet? INSANE when it works haha I'm hopin this all gets resolved soon, im worried for my beautiful new Imac =O it doesnt like freezing :D

The online issues are all with EA/Dice's servers. Last new that came out is that they are working on a resolution for the connection problems.

DdMac679

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2009
United States
PS3 version isn't out until the 11th in Australia, so hopefully all the issues are solved by then.

I am currently playing it on the PS3 and I have not experienced any game issues so far. The only issue I am aware of is that the in-game store is not currently working but EA has stated they are working on it.

Dragonforce

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2008
Germany
Works fine on my Mac Pro. I also have 2 servers rented, one of them is public.
They are located in the Frankfurt / Germany data center, no one complained
yet about crashing / disconnects / lags - even people from the USA.

Please feel free to visit my server and try it out

Sambo110

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2007
Australia
I am currently playing it on the PS3 and I have not experienced any game issues so far. The only issue I am aware of is that the in-game store is not currently working but EA has stated they are working on it.

Fine then, make the wait harder :(.

brettuk

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2009
I'm not sure if it's worth me getting this.

I really wanna get it, but i'd be running it primarily on a 2009 13'' Macbook Pro, and while i've seen people running it okay on the 15''s, i'm not sure on the 13'' with the 9400M graphics card :S Is it worth me spending £35 on it for the 13'' or will it just be unplayable? Modern Warfare 2 gives me like 30 - 60 FPS on medium/high settings with AA off.

Oh P.S. I've upgraded my macbook pro to 4GB ram too

djpamg

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2010

I really wanna get it, but i'd be running it primarily on a 2009 13'' Macbook Pro, and while i've seen people running it okay on the 15''s, i'm not sure on the 13'' with the 9400M graphics card :S Is it worth me spending £35 on it for the 13'' or will it just be unplayable? Modern Warfare 2 gives me like 30 - 60 FPS on medium/high settings with AA off.

I have an '08 MBP 15" with 2.8gHz, 4 gig ram and 9600gt 512mb graphics. Anyone know if BBC2 will work ok on my machine? MW2 is my current crackpipe, but I'm looking for a new drug now. Thanks.

Dragonforce

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2008
Germany

I will install it on my Mac Mini tomorrow and let you know if (and how) it runs.

I have an '08 MBP 15" with 2.8gHz, 4 gig ram and 9600gt 512mb graphics. Anyone know if BBC2 will work ok on my machine? MW2 is my current crackpipe, but I'm looking for a new drug now. Thanks.

I've read in the official BFBC2 forums from people that it works OK on
medium settings in native resolution on said MBP. It even works OK with
a few low/med settings on the Santa Rosa MBPs from 2008.

Dragonforce

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2008
Germany
I guess I join that group :eek:
If you're from Europe / UK come visit my server, there's a few Mac (Bootcamp)
gamers already online and playing :D

StopSign24

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2010
I'm really enjoying it thus far, even with the technical difficulties.

I'm playing it on my MBP 13" at 1024x640 in windowed mode, and everything on low except for textures/Antroscopic filtering (spelling?) which are maxed out. It runs quite smooth, with the framerate only dipping into the 20's when there is a ton of smoke on screen, and it's only for a second or two. I'm really satisfied with the performance so far.

DorseyR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
Go and add me on Steam, steam account name's "dragonknight79" :eek:
Everyone else playing BFBC2 may also add me :D

Added you & tried joining your server, my game tends to freeze up & crash though 50% of the time, :(
I never know when I'll be able to play or if it will freeze as soon as it gets into the server.. If you get my request my steam is DorseyR88

Im going to try for a bit longer to join but cant tease myself too much longer, I'd rather just wait for EA/Dice to fix this connection problem before I turn my rage onto my Imac :D

akswun

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2009
just bought it a couple hours ago... I've got a Late 09' 13" 2.53 4GBRAM 9400M MBP...

I'm playing it on W7(Bootcamp)

It was really really really choppy on the Medium setting... on low its fine... but when theres a lot of **** going down like bombs and choppers and nades and bullets flying you get some crazy video struggles... but in the low setting the graphics are fine....

I'm going to play the multiplayer ... I'm actually reinstalling it because I forgot to click "yes" to install punkbusters( :( )

I would say the gameplay is decent... for now.... I wonder if anyone else is running this game on the same MBP as mine....

brettuk

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2009
just bought it a couple hours ago... I've got a Late 09' 13" 2.53 4GBRAM 9400M MBP...

I'm playing it on W7(Bootcamp)

It was really really really choppy on the Medium setting... on low its fine... but when theres a lot of **** going down like bombs and choppers and nades and bullets flying you get some crazy video struggles... but in the low setting the graphics are fine....

I'm going to play the multiplayer ... I'm actually reinstalling it because I forgot to click "yes" to install punkbusters( :( )

I would say the gameplay is decent... for now.... I wonder if anyone else is running this game on the same MBP as mine....

I'm on a 2.26 4GB RAM 09 13'' 9400M MBP, and I may buy this on steam in the next day or so (seeing as you seem to be running it okay!), if I do i'll let you know how it runs!

FlyingHonda

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2010
The mid '09 Unibody MBP's 9400m is "underclocked" to 350 Mhz... I have safely overclocked it using nTune to 530 Mhz in Bootcamp, which gives me over 60 fps in Bioshock... Im assuming this will give me adequate performance in BF? Its gonna be great!

archurban

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
when the game was released march 2nd, there was tremendous outage on server. then dice, EA have been investigated. they decided to shut server down for a while. now they replaced new server. so everything is fine. I had the same problem last few days. but last night, I had no problem. multiplayer, redeem code, log in process are fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.