Battlefield on rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mattxi, Dec 23, 2012.

1. mattxi macrumors member

Hey all,

Looking to use Bootcamp on my 15" 2.6/16/512 to play battlefield 3 and such other windows games.

I have the external superdrive, but would it be better to do an Origin download?

If so, what steps do I need to take to ensure it runs as well as possible?

2. boto macrumors 6502

boto

Origin download? Yes, you will need that game client to launch Battlefield 3 (if that's what you plan on playing at least). You can install Windows 7/8 using an external optical drive or a flash drive. Also, make sure you partition enough space for windows, BF3, and other games. BF3 covers nearly 30GB (with all of the premium DLCs, game, etc)and windows covers almost 20GB.

3. mattxi thread starter macrumors member

Origin download as in a digital download, so I won't need to bring the disc drive everywhere to play.

4. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

Go with the Origin route. Check Amazon as well. I bought mine from Amazon and redeemed the code via Origin. Works like a charm. If you get the Premium pack expect to have quite a bit of space set aside.

5. SchuettS macrumors 6502

I did the origin download. The disc will do the exact same as the digital download. You dont need the disc everytime you want to play...

Make sure your partition is big enough. I have 100 gbs going to windows 7 and with basically just battlefield 3 premium on it I only have 20 gbs left.

6. lightz39 macrumors regular

Boot into bootcamp and download it from origin as you normally would. This game runs extremely well on the rmbp actually. Very well optimized.