Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjohansen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 19, 2010
Denmark
Does anyone know if the MacBook Pro with the M370X gpu will be able to play Star Wars Battlefront via boot camp?

HumpYourWayUp

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2007
Europe
Does anyone know if the MacBook Pro with the M370X gpu will be able to play Star Wars Battlefront via boot camp?

So far I tested GTA5, Witcher 3 and Metal Gear Solid 5 on the M370X. They all were playable so I guess Battlefront will work as well.
However AMD doesn't release driver update for the M370X :-( Updates are very important to how well Battlefront will run on the Macbook...

Reactions: Lexdexia

mjohansen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 19, 2010
Denmark
So far I tested GTA5, Witcher 3 and Metal Gear Solid 5 on the M370X. They all were playable so I guess Battlefront will work as well.
However AMD doesn't release driver update for the M370X :-( Updates are very important to how well Battlefront will run on the Macbook...
Why is that? Isnt the GPU supported anymore?

Lexdexia

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2015
It will definitely be playable, but you won't be able to run it in full HD resolution at ultra graphics. I'm guesstimating that you can play Battlefront in at least 1440x900. With medium to high settings you'll likely get around 30 FPS.

Running the GTA V benchmark on Windows 10 via Bootcamp yielded an average of 35 FPS with a range of 30-40 FPS. Resolution: 1920x1200 (fullscreen) Graphics settings: default (except FXAA = ON and V-Sync = OFF)

One thing to note: longer play times will cause noticeably throttling and significant FPS drops on Bootcamp. Games run with more consistent FPS on OS X, at the cost of reduced overall FPS and limited graphical setting you can change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.