Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jigen08

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
I'm on an iMac 27 ", OS 10.6.5, 2.93 GHz Intel Core i7, with 16 GB ram...

I installed SW Battlefront shortly after I got the new iMac (August?), and it worked fine. There have probably been a few updates along the way... and suddenly the game is a bit wonky...

The skies are all black on the outdoors maps, with a strange white square floating around. Anyone else experiencing this? (Yes, I know it's an old game, so no need to respond if you've long since given it up ; ) )

Any fixes or other suggestions? I've no custom maps, mods or anything of the sort installed...

dj2mc

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2010
Ottawa, ON [CAN]
I'm on an iMac 27 ", OS 10.6.5, 2.93 GHz Intel Core i7, with 16 GB ram...

I installed SW Battlefront shortly after I got the new iMac (August?), and it worked fine. There have probably been a few updates along the way... and suddenly the game is a bit wonky...

The skies are all black on the outdoors maps, with a strange white square floating around. Anyone else experiencing this? (Yes, I know it's an old game, so no need to respond if you've long since given it up ; ) )

Any fixes or other suggestions? I've no custom maps, mods or anything of the sort installed...

If you can, can you reset the games cache or maybe doing a display setting reset?? Maybe you can clear some unsettling bugs if you have made any tweaks within the games display settings?
I am unfamiliar with this title, but with recent games I have played with similar problems like yours, this usually fixed my issue.
Good luck and hope you find a fix/answer!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.