Battletech - missing functionality, charging for Beta software and treating customers with contempt.

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by MAcNIAC, Jun 12, 2019.

1. MAcNIAC macrumors regular

So I've been playing battle tech on steam / paradox - I've been a fan of the game since the Amiga 500 days, and this latest incarnation is good fun if you're a fan from the olden days!

Unfortunately the game has some missing functionality that you'd really expect - for example the game crashes within seconds in multiplayer if either player use customised mechs. Such a shame as so much of the fun comes from designing a mech and a strategy to beat your friend in multiplayer.

I can accept that games have bugs of course, but it seems part of a wide trend to release software that really should be a beta product - and take customers money regardless. I was wondering why no one was complaining about the lack of this function ... so I made a post on the official game forum about this ... the mods just deleted it so as not to draw attention to the problem - I see this as dishonest.

In this day and age it's counter productive too - as it just makes people want to publicise the issue to a wider audience.

anyway rant over.