Bausch +Lomb Clens safe for Retina display?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sneak3, Mar 8, 2017.

1. sneak3 macrumors 6502

Has anyone tried the famous Bausch+Lomb Clens solution for cleaning the retina display yet?

They are advertised as safe for apple products but I do not know when or even if it was tested in the retina display. The Clens solution does contain isopropyl alcohol but at the same time states that will cause no discoloration or dullness to the device.

Their customer support is pretty useless too, agent told me to check with Apple and said she had no information on which products had been tested.

I am fully aware that apple recommends water only some cases require more than that. For instance, people putting their whole grease hand on the screen or greasy coat from cooking oil (using the macbook in the kitchen).

Hope somebody has some experience with this solution and is able to provide some feedback. :)

2. slvr_srfr macrumors newbie

slvr_srfr

3. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

I might be mistaken, but I thought Apple pulled B+L Clens from their stores, due to the isopropyl alcohol. Might want to check with the folks at the Apple Store.

4. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I trust with light water to clean up the mess. Water has the power to remove nasty dirty.

5. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

If you're that worried about it then just go by the Apple recommendation of a damp microfiber cloth. The cloth will still be able to wipe away grease marks on the screen, it just might take a little bit more time than using a solution with detergent or alcohol.