Bay Area / East Bay stock? (Target, etc.)?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by thompson11, Mar 18, 2011.

1. thompson11 macrumors member

I've been monitoring the Target links like a hawk and haven't seen any movement at Targets in the East Bay for the past few days. Anyone having success snagging an iPad in the Bay Area?

I'm starting to think I'm SOL, considering I'm looking for an AT&T 3G model. :(

2. macguy77 macrumors newbie

tried my luck in line yesterday and got to the downtown apple store at 7:15a. There was already a line of i'd say 100+ people waiting. By 7:30 they were handing out tickets, and before 8 a salesperson had said they were already sold out. Chestnut SF store did not get a shipment in yesterday morning either. :-(

3. thompson11 thread starter macrumors member

It's partly my own fault, I hesitated on whether I really wanted to buy one and didn't get my online order in until Sunday evening. I'm in the 3-4 weeks group from Apple.com.

I'm just going to keep trying Target links. My wife works down near Union Square and reported the same thing you did about that Apple store -- pure chaos.

4. epgoldie macrumors newbie

target inventory showed pinole have black 32 wifis

5. antnic327 macrumors member

I haven't been checking the Apple stores and I've been checking the Target links and I've never seen any in stock. I also was one of the first to pre-order at the Best Buy in San Francisco on Geary last Saturday and I have yet to hear anything back. I'm seeing a few people receiving calls form Best Buy today, so maybe some will stat trickling in at the Targets and Best Buys around here also.

6. thompson11 thread starter macrumors member

I did notice that... but I'm really stuck to 3G, preferably AT&T but I'll take Vz at this point.

7. thompson11 thread starter macrumors member

Haven't seen any movement on 3G models anywhere around Berkeley—I occasionally expand my search North / East, but I figure that I'd be outrun by anyone to the south.

Other Bay Area types have any luck acquiring a 3G model at Target or otherwise?

8. thetorque macrumors member

thetorque

I'm also in east bay. Any movement on the wifi model?

9. thompson11 thread starter macrumors member

Haven't really been checking. I think the Pinole location got a wifi sometime in the past couple days though. At this rate I'll probably have my Apple.com order (3/13, shipping 4/11) before I can find it at a store!

I dunno if it's just me, but I feel like the Bay Area Target locations aren't getting the type of stock movement I've heard other areas (like SoCal) are getting.

10. logan59102 macrumors newbie

Yesterday I went to Valley Fair like 6 in the morning, and there were like 100+ people there, half of them with sleeping bags and pillows and food and everything. My friend told me the group of the first 10 20 are always in line, everyday.

Guess we have no hope... I just gave up this hunting game and order mine online