BB bold free at walmart after rebate

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lakaiordie, Nov 4, 2008.

1. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

2. tnisatard macrumors 6502

quote from one of the comments

3. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

what would be the cheapest plan you could get otherwise?

4. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

i'm assuming 450 nation+data plan.

5. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

+1
    beats me! this story has no bearing on the iPhone. it's more like an ad for Walmart.

6. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

Not really a big BlackBerry guy, but that phone is awesome-looking.

7. rannddeee macrumors regular

Don't be an ARSE! There's threads out there talking about the G1 and nobody complains about them being in this forum. The BB is an iPhone "competitor" so it will be discussed in this forum in some sort of way, shape or form.

8. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

Beware, letstalk are the biggest scammers when it comes to rebates.

9. aneftp macrumors 601

Letstalk rebates are a scam. I will second that

You need to read the fine details. They require you to send in the mail in rebate with a copy of your 4th monthly bill. That's correct, you have to way to your 4th monthly bill. Who can remember that.

Plus you have between days 120-180 to send in the rebate. They are hoping most people will either completely forget about the mail in rebates or mail it in too early, thus they are not eligible for the rebates because they did not follow the rules.

It's a well thought out scam rebate process. It used to be that consumers only redeemed their mail in rebates 30-40% of the time. But now consumers are redeeming mail in rebates over 70% of the time. So companies like letstalk have figured out a way to make it as difficult as possible to discourage consumers from actually qualifying for the rebates by making them wait until the 4th monthly cycle.

I usually mail in my rebates the minute I get home from the store. If I did that with the lettalk deal, they would not honor my rebate. Great way for a company to make prices appear competitive.

10. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

That happened to me. I paid $300 for a phone from them, it was supposed to be free after a $300 mail in rebate. Well I couldnt send in the rebate until 120 days of continious service, and after 120 days I have a 30 day window to send it in. I only remembered 160 days later, thus my rebate was expired. Then I read the fine print which read that if i failed to send in my rebate I authorize them to charge my card $200. I cancelled the card immidiately. Lets talk operates through over half a dozen websites under different names.