BB Bold vs 3GS - Help with Decision

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NaweG, Jun 8, 2009.

1. NaweG macrumors newbie

NaweG

Yes, I expect somewhat biased answers, but I'm posting the question on a BB forum as well, so I figure between the two...

Am trying to decide between a Blackberry Bold and the new 3GS (already an AT&T subscriber). I gather that the Bold will not support the new, faster HSPDA that AT&T rolls out. Is that going to be a big deal if I’m not going to tether? I’ve heard that the mobile devices can’t keep up with that speed anyway.

Though I must admit the upgraded camera looks nice, I’m also having concerns about not having a physical keyboard. But then I’m not sure the Bold’s keyboard is that helpful either. I timed how long it took me to type two sentences using my PC, my T-Mobile Dash (about to be retired) and my iPod Touch. The PC was about 15 seconds, while the other two were both about 40 seconds. I presume the 3Gs would be similar to the Touch. Would the Bold be similar to the Dash?

2. CoreyHM1 macrumors member

I have a 3G, then bought the BB Bold, i quickly switched back to my 3G within a week. Internet browsing was painful on the blackberry.

3. sd2009 macrumors 6502

Honestly, once you get used to it, typing on the iPhone is extremely fast. I don't want to sound like an Apple fanboy or whatever, but the "customer satisfaction" polls on smartphones really speak for themselves!

4. Dmich116 macrumors member

If you are a heavy e-mail user, then go for the BB. If not then I do not see anything that the BB has over the iPhone other than the e-mail and great keyboard.