BB Hub now available for ALL

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by MRU, Aug 6, 2016.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

BlackBerry finally moving to a services company and have made BB Hub officially available to install on all devices alongside BB calendar and Password Keeper.

Launcher / Notes / Tasks will be available soon.

Installed on my HTC 10 and working perfectly.

The catch is eventually they will charge for the apps at $0.99 per month for the entire suite. But that's still cheaper than buying a BB Priv ;)

2. Cole Slaw macrumors 6502a

Cole Slaw

My understanding is that you cannot use the Blackberry keyboard, though. Do you know if I'm right about that, MRU?

3. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yes it's not available at the moment directly.

It will hopefully make the transition especially when they introduce the subscription charge.

Hub is working fantastically though :). It's a very positive step.

4. Tsepz macrumors 68000

Tsepz

Just installed on my Note 4, working very well. :) will take some getting used to though.

Thanks for sharing!

5. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Works fantastically with .mac / .me / .icloud accounts in that it supports PUSH whereas most email clients on Android do not (just fetch).

I've replaced my Gmail app with HUB :)

6. Loco Emperor macrumors regular

Ew just android only sadly I see. Or is it on IOS.

7. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

downloading it on my edge, even though i sell it tomorrow

8. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

Installed. it's nice to experience a bit of BlackBerry on my phone. I wish there was better integration of text messages and social apps.

9. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Hopefully it improves and if they can get it on more devices by opening it up to all android devices and hopefully an iOS port too, and make an API available to others it will work better.

At the moment Twitter / Facebook / Instagram essentially just give you your notifications and allow you to create new status posts and text messaging just launches the stock text messaging application.

It will be interesting to see if greater interaction is available once BB launcher and other apps are also added.