BB managers now keeps an eye on me - XT SD26 loaded as default

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by T4R06, Aug 15, 2011.

1. T4R06 macrumors 65816

same store(philadelphia KOP), last week i bought MBP and i told them micro center has it for $999. manager cant believe it. so they called my local micro center and they have it in stock. then today, went again at BB have this printed momentus XT for $99 and again same manager who assisted me and its like WTF... scratching his head lol.

by the way, why has a lot of negative thing on XT. i have mine on default SD26 frimware after the installation and it is very quite and seems like same as the stock HD.

2. Pyre1582 macrumors newbie

I hope that $999 price tag is a typo.

Aside from that, I have the same Hard Drive, with the same Firmware. So far, it has been very stable and loads up my frequent apps very quickly.

It isn't as quiet as the stock HD, but it is hard to notice the sound. In fact, you'd have to try to listen for it in a completely silent situation to hear the vibration of the spinning drive.

3. T4R06 thread starter macrumors 65816

its not a typo. go to micro center and look for MBP 13" base and the price is $999

4. Pyre1582 macrumors newbie

Oh darn. Shoulda purchased it there. Ouch. Ah well, there is always next time I make a purchase..

5. altecXP macrumors 65816

They also have the i7 $1499 MacBook Pro for $1299 now.