bb storm wont sync via pocket mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by podger13, Jan 19, 2009.

1. podger13 macrumors newbie

Hi , I have uploaded the pocket mac programme and have now tried to sync my Blackberry storm with the mac ( OS X 10.4 ). It starts to sync , but then i get a failed notice stating a problem of "skipping".

Has anyone encountered this problem and if so any suggestions please?

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

3. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

I stopped trying to sync my Mac with BB a long time ago. Pocket Mac is useless as a syncing software. I tried Missing Sync but that turned out to be no better. I'm waiting for some sort of update to the software to try again but hold out very little hope... Don't see why this is such a big problem for Blackberry when there seems to be no problems on the PC...

4. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

BB should get their s*** together

I just got the storm and was aware before i bought it that there would be problems with it syncing, but honestly it's ridiculous, if they give you software to do the job you'd expect it to work!

5. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You have to go into the media card setting on your phone and set it so that it can be used as mass storage, and also set it to automatically connect thats the big one, thats all i had to modify in the settings and it worked right away!
    :cool::cool::cool:

EDIT: btw i was getting the same error message about skipping, so i think this is the problem. Do all storms come with memory cards? I was kind of surprised when i saw they'd popped an 8 gig chip in it.