BBC article on Apple being anticompetitive

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by capoeirista, Sep 19, 2007.

1. capoeirista macrumors 6502

2. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

Bill Thompson is the reason I don't go for BBC News' technology section.

So many of his articles (I'm not just talking about Apple articles here) are just so completely uninformed, like they've been written by a PC World employee.

meh.

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Apple is likely hurting themselves more than the competition.

Unlocking probably wouldn't be the panacea everyone else thinks it is, more like a coffin nail as the iPod and/or iTunes becomes an even easier choice to make in the marketplace.

4. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

Agreed - can't stand him.

Similar Apple/Microsoft comparisions were made in this thread, but with both sides of the argument being presented.

5. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I like it when MS gets caught up, bu this whole thing going on in the EU is just stupid. Penalizing a company for being successful? So Real networks is all pissed off because MS puts WMP on computers loaded with Windows software. In no way are end users prohibited to use any of Real Networks products, maybe if Real Networks would have keep with the times they would be ok.

This whole thing is just stupid. All these people are just sticking their foot in their mouth..

6. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Microsoft have broken the law to try be successful. That is the big deal, they are not being penalised for their success.

In other news: BBC Prints Irresponsible Rubbish on Apple

7. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy