BBC Flash Video Content, Macbook Pro and BE Internet

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ouchiko, Aug 21, 2008.

1. ouchiko macrumors member

Hi,

Sorry this question is so specific but I'm hoping someone has the same problem. I've got a Macbook Pro with OSX latest. When I try and watch BBC Flash Video over wireless the combination of BBC, Macbook and BE Internet router seems to crash the router. It reboots and the internet comes back fine. Other flash based video sites are fine and downloading large files isn't a problem.

Very confused.

O.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. ouchiko thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, BE is a particular UK Internet Provider (beinternet.com) who provide a ADSL2+ service, apparently at "up to" 24meg. I dont have this problem with the MAC at work and nor do I seem to have it with Windows machine - simply this combinatin..

4. ThunderRobot macrumors regular

ThunderRobot

I'm not sure whether this will help or not, but thought I'd share my experiance.

I connect with BE (full 24mb down) and am a frequent user of all BBC flash services including iPlayer. This is using MacBook (10.5.4 / Firefox 3 / Flash player 9), MacBook Pro (10.5.4 / Firefox 3 / Flash player 9) and a Mac Mini (10.4.9 / Firefox 2 / Flash player 9) as well as a variety of Windows and Linux machines.

None of them crash at all, although the Mac Mini will only allow one browsing tab to be open whilst watching iPlayer content.

Other than ensuring you're using the latest browser and Flash player, I'm not sure what to suggest I'm afraid.