BBC iPlayer and channel 4OD on mac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by bigfried, Apr 1, 2008.

1. bigfried macrumors newbie

I am about to plunge into the Mac world - can't wait :) and just want to know if I will be missing out on anything. At the moment I use BBC iPlayer and Channel 4OD a lot on my PC. I know that these do not wok on a Mac due to DRM issues, but I am hoping that they will work on a Mac if I run Vista and Parallels. Has anyone tried this?

2. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

iPlayer works on Mac OS X (I use it myself on PowerBook and iPod Touch) but you cannot download individual programmes to your computer yet.

I don't know about 4OD.

AppleMatt

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I run 4oD on parallels with XP and it works fine. In regards to iPlayer I just use the streaming version in OS X.

4. Mikey- macrumors regular

5. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Buffering...

Ive found that the bbc iplayer tends to buffer a hell of alot on my macbook? (Specs below). It always completly gives up on the last ten minutes of Torchwood. Anyone else gettting this?

6. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

Exactly what I do. Don't have any problems streaming iPlayer with my MacBook

7. mini mac macrumors newbie

iplayer definatly works but 4OD still dosn't even though they said they would make it avalible on macs last month

8. liamwillib macrumors member

9. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

10. olig macrumors newbie

I know this is a bit late but i thought u'd like to know bbc iplayer and 4OD (or a version called channel 4 catch up) both now work on the mac

11. chriskelly macrumors newbie

iplayer works on my mac, channel 4OD doesn't

i've got leopard OS mac book & the iplayer catch up service has worked well for a while (using Safari)

channel 4 say the 4OD service works on the mac, but it doesn't work for me. I've tried the 4OD catch up service recently and it doesn't work (using Safari or Firefox). After a couple of minutes, the 4OD programs shut down. I've tried Safari & FireFox browsers and I only seem to get the first couple of minutes.

Has anyone else had this problem with channel 4OD on a mac?

12. olig macrumors newbie

Yes I have had this problem in fact it crashes my whole internet and tells me im not connected, im glad im not the only one.

oli

13. dingo255 macrumors newbie

Catch-up worked for a while - now it doesnt

Hi, I did manage to use the catch-up for a while recently, but when I cam back from hols last Thursday it now does not work. I cant find out why and I am stumped. Any ideas?