bbc iplayer in U.S. - possible???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dapitts08, Jun 4, 2012.

1. dapitts08 macrumors regular

anyone know if there is a way to get/use it?

i tried using location spoofer but it didn't work.

i love bbc shows and really hope there is a way around the location barrier.

2. allsmiles277 macrumors newbie

3. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

You need a VPN or smart DNS, many companies offer serves to be able to achieve such.
    I use these people, and have done for a number of years.

4. iMacBooked macrumors 6502a

iMacBooked

Indeed, I too would suggest setting up a simple VPN, there even are some good free ones. Or you could try using some kind of proxy based system, not sure if that would work though..

5. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

Privateinternetaccess.com, i got a 1 year for a great deal and I just connect to london server and boom access all in HD.

6. barkmonster, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014

barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

This force-funded state media network should be shut down and made subscription only.

It cost legitimate UK viewers far more for BBC than it does for Netflix or basic cable and their content is pathetically budget short-run 7 or 8 episode per season half hour format garbage almost completely London and surrounding area based and consisting of generic diction actors and presenters that don't represent the way 99% of the UK live or speak. Just the generic southern diction middle class.

Don't get me wrong, Dr Who, science shows and music show are good, they just don't justify an endless stream of "by law" £6 fortnightly payments.

The idea that a few VPN settings can give free access to something you can be heavily fined for not funding if you're a legitimate UK viewer is wrong. Seriously, don't waste your time "correcting" me about loopholes about live viewing. Live in the UK? Own a TV, computer, mobile phone, console or radio? That's receiving equipment, pay up or be fined.