BBC iPlayer kills my internet connection

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by danhig123, Mar 12, 2008.

1. danhig123 macrumors member

Hey all!

Anyone else having this problem? When I stream a video from the BBC iPlayer site, after about a minute of playback the video stops and my entire internet connection needs to be restarted from the modem.

It happens in Firefox and Safari. I am running OSX 10.4.8 on a Rev A Mac Pro. I have a Digidesign 002 Rack connected for audio, though the problem happens even when this is off. I am on a WiFi connection at home.

It is intermittent as I have in the past been able to occasionally watch a whole show.

Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Danny

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Odd. Are other computers affected (if you have any)? If not, then I'd try moving all QuickTime plugins except any that iPlayer requires to another folder, and trying again. Also, try adjusting your streaming settings in QuickTime - perhaps the streaming playback delay is set too short for your connection.

3. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Happens to me too. I can get 2/3 of the way through and just dies.

4. danhig123 thread starter macrumors member

Hey thanks for the replies!

Well I have more luck on my iPhone which earlier managed to play around half of the episode, and even when it failed my internet connection was fine. I have an old powerbook as well that I shall try it out on.

Danny