BBC Iplayer radio

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by RecentlyConverted, Jan 11, 2017.

1. RecentlyConverted macrumors 6502

Is there an app that allows me to download radio programmes from BBC iplayer - radio webpage ( programes that aren't available as podcasts)?

Thanks

2. pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

Doesn't the BBC iPlayer radio app offer what you are looking for? It's only available in the UK though.

I do know that TuneIn Radio app has a record function but I think you can only record while you listen.

3. RecentlyConverted thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi, I want to download and keep some of the comedies permanently and some are not available for download in the app - just listen and as they are not a live programme ( unless I listen live ) TuneIn is also no good for me.

4. pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

5. RecentlyConverted thread starter macrumors 6502

No problem. I don't think it's possible without jb.

6. RedGT macrumors member

RedGT

There is a way if you've got a download manager....and an audio converter.....if you go to iplayerconverter.co.uk search for a programme in the schedules click on the details and the look for something like "rtmp//..........MP4", you should be able to enter that string into the download manager and then convert the file. It's all got to be done on your PC/mac and added trough iTunes... it's a bit convoluted...but I think it's the only solution.

7. RecentlyConverted thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi RedGT,

If often save many on my Mac, but I was hoping for a direct iOS solution for when I am not able to use the Mac for a long period. I don't think it's possible though.

8. RedGT macrumors member

RedGT

Isn't all the shows on the official BBC app then, I thought most shows were...??

9. RecentlyConverted thread starter macrumors 6502