BBC iPlayer working over 3G :o

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dangerous Theory, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

I've just streamed the latest episode of QI over the Three UK network on the BBC iPlayer app, and afterward tried the website to the same avail. As far as I know, BBC still don't allow streaming over 3G, and it even says as much on their website. My iPhone on the T-Mobile network still returns the same "Cannot stream over 3G" message.

I tried the 4OD app on my iPad to check if it wasn't somehow glitched to thinking that it was on a Wi-Fi network, and of course it wasn't - 4OD asked me to connect to Wi-Fi.

A mate of mine is also able to stream iPlayer on his Samsung Galaxy S over the Three Network, but I always put it down to a lucky glitch or something in the OS/Phone. I am beginning to think that 3 UK is somehow (presumably accidentally) not blocked from BBC. Has anyone else encountered similar experiences on the same or different network, or has anyone been denied on the 3 network? I'm curious!

2. Dangerous Theory thread starter macrumors 68000

Hmmm... iPlayer is now asking for Wi-Fi again :/ It worked a few hours ago over 3G