BBC iPlayer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EquilibriumGroup, Jul 26, 2011.

1. EquilibriumGroup macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5274d Safari/7534.48.3)

just a quick one.. Users On iOS 5 B4.. You having trouble with BBC iplayer? Or just me.. I've already reported it as a bug but just wondering?

Equilibrium x

2. The Phazer macrumors 68030

The release notes of iOS Beta 4 specifically note that it breaks iPlayer. I wouldn't expect it to be fixed until Beta 5 at the earliest, and I very much doubt the BBC will release a patch on their end for a beta.

Phazer

3. shandyman Suspended

Well the BBC can't do anything their end as on the iPhone it's webapp only....

4. The Phazer macrumors 68030

We have no way of knowing that because we don't know what Apple has broken - authentication, playout, controls, agent detection, the API class for the player etc etc. Maybe the BBC could fix those things (though it likely isn't worth the effort), maybe they couldn't. We have no way to tell without more info.

Phazer

5. shandyman Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5274d Safari/7534.48.3)

The key phrase you used was 'we don't know what Apple has broken'. This is just like the video control not appearing glitch, which was fixed in the following beta, nothing was done on the web side as there was nothing they can do. This is no different and I'm certain it'll be fixed in Beta 5. 

It's not a hard one to work out....