bbc iplayer

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ncarnall, Oct 26, 2011.

1. ncarnall macrumors member

2. Queen6, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011

Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Yes there is a OS X specific download from the BBC iPlayer website, works perfectly.

n.b.. iPlayer only works in the UK, well unless you have a UK based proxy ;)

3. ncarnall thread starter macrumors member

Great! Thanks very much, I'm in uk so no worries with proxies etc. Can it do airplay to the Apple TV?

4. bp1000 macrumors 65816

I haven't got apple tv yet but i thought only the ios apps could do airplay from iplayer.

I thought you could only do airplay through itunes from a mac unless you get airflick app but that is for videos not streaming.

5. Di9it8 macrumors regular

Airplay from iPlayer to Apple TV2

Try the Get iPlayer Automator
    http://tom-tech.com/iplayer_automator/iPlayer_Automator/Get_iPlayer_Automator.html
    Just been trying it out, next step similar app for 4OD and Demand 5....

6. qwerf123 macrumors regular

7. rowley macrumors 6502

rowley

You can airplay from ipad to appletv, but not from the iplayer web or air app on mba to appletv.

The Global iplayer app for ipad (european/australia) etc), can also do airplay, but as of yet there is no mac/iphone app which can airplay over.

Im sure there will be something up the BBCs sleeve at some point to get their contect on apple tv.

8. merrygiant macrumors newbie

Airplay from Macbook to stereo

Hi everyone, this is my first post here!

I've got a MacBook with an Airport Express hooked to the stereo and enjoy getting iTunes to play through the stereo speakers. My question is whether it is possible to get any other application to play audio via airplay on the stereo speakers e.g. iPlayer content, or Youtube.

I saw on this thread the Get iPlayer Automator and had high hopes when I downloaded it. Got it working fine but it doesn't allow me to select from a choice of speakers like it usually does on iTunes.

Does anyone have any solutions please?

Cheers!