BBC News Crashing?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by tomaustin44, May 5, 2015.

1. tomaustin44 macrumors regular

I use the BBC News app pretty religiously on my iPhone so was excited to learn they had a AW app at release. It worked well for about a day and I really liked it but then the glance stopped refreshing (stuck on picture of Jimmy bloody Saville) and whenever I try to open the actual app on AW it attempts to launch before crashing and going back to the home screen.

Deleting and reinstalling the iPhone app temporarily fixes the problem but its back within minutes. Hoping an update is coming soon but has anyone else had this problem?

2. prycop macrumors member

Same here - especially with glances not updating. Headline is usually two lines of yesterday's news with a grey camera gif.

The BBC News notification works well - matches iphone notifications.

3. Gonky macrumors regular

Gonky

I have had the app a week and have never received a notification from it despite having the correct settings - when was the last one?

4. testcard, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015

testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

Had a couple this morning. Sky News app also sends notifications to Watch and always works - worth a try.
    I found the BBC News app rather hit and miss on my iPhone. In Settings > Notifications > BBC News, try turning Allow Notifications off, reboot iPhone, and then turn on Allow Notifications. In the Apple Watch app, double check that Notifications are on for the BBC News app.

5. srshaw macrumors 6502

The bbc news glances takes ages to load on my watch, and then scrolls through various news articles automatically. I would give it longer to see if it works.

6. Chucklesuk macrumors newbie

7. Chucklesuk macrumors newbie

I have experienced the same thing since last Apple os update I think.