Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bkronbergs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Brussels
No one else apart from me seems to be having the issue with the BBC's Real Player radio thingy. Or are you?! On all 3 of my household Macs, I get the annoying message "No Clip" when i ask to listen live. So of course, listening again to old BBC programs is an impossibility. Does anyone have any idea what on earth is wrong with it? I deleted all the Real related things from my computers and reinstalled totally from scratch and I still have no solution. I am running Mac OS 10.4.8 on all my systems, which are two iBook G4 800MHz, and an iMac G5 1.2Ghz. I don't quite understand what the problem might be, because it's nothing relating to the Midi-Audio set up thing which is set just right. All my other plugins work just fine. VideoEgg publisher, YouTube, google video et al all work just fine. It's madness really. I hope someone knows what's going on!! Thank you very much in advance for any help.
Bruno:mad:

GuyV

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2006
Europe
No one else apart from me seems to be having the issue with the BBC's Real Player radio thingy. Or are you?!

Can't help you, just tell you that here it's running just fine it seems, with Firefox 2 and Safari, realplayer 10.1.0 and OS X 10.4.8 intel. Does the external realplayer work? What browser and realplayer are you using? You might wanna give VLC (http://www.videolan.org) a try, works here for http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/realmedia/fmg2.ram, I'm however using the x86 version of VLC and since the codecs used are usually platform dependent it might not work with the PPC Version since it's not a fully supported format.
succes
GuyV

joehack

macrumors member
May 29, 2006
Zurich
The movie is not displayed if the real player is embedded into a browser window. BBC offers sometimes to run the movie in a dedicated window, which works.
The problem also occours with other sites offering Real content (e. g. Swiss Radio - DRS).

Jochen

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.