BBC Review

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ripkord, Nov 9, 2007.

1. ripkord macrumors 6502

2. Leemo macrumors 6502

Leemo

What do you mean he doesn't like it much? I thought it was a very positive review - just honest about its shortcomings.

3. DogcowUK macrumors member

A pretty decent well balanced review, if I were Apple I'd be fairly happy with that.

4. Leemo macrumors 6502

Leemo

That's what I thought. It's nice to read a review from someone who actually knows what they're talking about for a change.

5. Cloudane macrumors 68000

Cloudane

I agree, an honest and intelligent review. IMO this is much more valuable to people than, let's say, some kind of highly biased rose-tinted review from a MacRumors Apple fan ;) Or indeed a biased mud-tinted review from a hater.

The shortcomings are nothing new to Apple, and I'm sure they will be addressed for the iPhone2. (Suddenly a silly idea popped into my head... make a DECT model and call it the iPhoneHome, sell it through BT)

6. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

They review a lot of gadgets, so they know quite a lot. A minority of people here instantly dismiss a negative ( or portions of ) review of an Apple product with childish responses such as "Apple Haters", "Biased" etc etc.

I agree with the others, its a balanced review - it acknowledges its weaknesses, as well as its strengths. Isn't that what a good review is meant to do?

7. alFR macrumors 68020

Yep, pretty balanced - basically "good, but maybe not for everyone" which pretty much sums it up for me anyhow.

8. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

I agree well balanced.

Really we should not be blind to the iPhone's flaws…

The last few lines say it well:

9. Project macrumors 68020

It just had a very nice segment on Sky News. Not sure what the guy was on about when he said it doesn't do video though. Perhaps he meant video recording. But overall it was positive. They even had the boss of LG UK in for 15 seconds to say why we should pick up their phone instead. "It does everything the iPhone does and more" - yeah, right.

I'm also getting very tired of people coming out with the old "I guess its alright if you are after a fashion device... but its not that practical" line. Is it the in thing to say these days?

10. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

All my friends in the UK, make fun of the iPhone. I don't know. This phone is like some politicians. Some people like it, but others hate it . :(

11. fisha macrumors regular

as a first pass review ( as opposed to an in depth one ) i think it reads as being very balanced and fair.

to me, still considering whether its worth, i find it pretty fresh to have honest comments along the lines of wifi is great, but the 2G is grindingly slow, but still usable.

I think at this stage, i'm not quite convinced enough yet. :cool:

12. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

"As a work productivity device the iPhone cannot match Blackberry"

it's not supposed to be a productivity device is it?
    ie, you cant do word processing, edit spreadsheets etc..
    so why compare?

13. blaster_boy macrumors 6502

blaster_boy

I imported an iphone into Belgium, and everyone I've been showing it to at work is amazed at the way it works so smooth and the way you navigate with it by using your fingertips.

The second thing they are amazed at is how much it costs though :rolleyes: