BBC Site Finally Fully HTML5?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jaded-mandarin, Jun 10, 2012.

1. jaded-mandarin, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012

jaded-mandarin macrumors regular

For those of us in UK, just gone to watch highlights of some Euro 2012 matches on BBC site, and the embedded videos are now compatible with my iPad. Up until now most imbedded videos on their site were Flash.

Maybe they've done it in time for the Euros, either way it's a major milestone.

EDIT: It seems it's all sport too, so hoping its all video content across the site. This is a good day!

2. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

It was well publicised a couple of months ago that BBC was enabling HMTL5 content for compatible devices on its desktop and mobile sites.

3. jaded-mandarin thread starter macrumors regular

Apologies I must have missed the announcement, still a fairly recent implementation though which I'm sure coincides with the tournament and the plethora of videos uploaded as a consequence.

4. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

It's been like that for a few months, videos have been fine, but other flash elements like interactive charts were not updated at the same time.

5. jaded-mandarin thread starter macrumors regular

I tried watching the penalty shoot-out for my team (Huddersfield) as late as last week or the week before and it was still Flash.