BBC World News' new graphics & sequences, looks great

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iSamurai, Apr 21, 2008.

1. iSamurai macrumors 65816

iSamurai

Another news talk from me.

Ok, it looks great and clean, the main thing that's changed during news times is the news ticker bar that has been made grey, different font and BBC World becomes BBC World News. It's now narrower than the previous bar...

News graphics are also changed, such as the lower thirds and the intro graphics and sequences.

Sound and remained the same. Studio for BBC World News is also the same, while BBC News' studio is changed.

Apparently, they've spent £550k on the revamp. CNN's gotta do something to their news graphics :)

Watch here:

BBC News: http://youtube.com/watch?v=NDfKkqZUT8Y
    Intro: http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/organgrinder/2008/04/the_bbc_is_gearing_up.html

Attached Files:

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Just had BBC News 24 (or whatever it's called now!) on during dinner. Thought something was a bit different. I kinda like it.

3. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

4. iSamurai thread starter macrumors 65816

iSamurai

5. iGav macrumors G3

Auntie's taking the piss again.

Perhaps not the best use of the publics money considering the current quality of their programming.

I don't understand the BBC's reticence to make use of their in-house teams for their own branding, idents, etc. rather than lining the pockets of Lambie Nairn with consultancy fees.

Apart from that, I quite like it. ;)

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

£550k for all that? They should have gone with Hemisphere. They redesigned our town for just a mere £100k of our money. The result?

[​IMG]

At least the BBC got new music for its rebranding and a fancy video.

7. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

I like......but really....£550k! Whoever did that saw Auntie Beeb coming! My company is having it's website rebranded by employing a part time web designer for a year and its only costing us £20k. Nice to see my licence fee isn't being wasted on new programming.

8. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

9. displaced macrumors 65816

displaced

I don't even have to click that link to know what it is :) Simply superb!

Silly bit of trivia: David Lowe, composer of the BBC News music, might be known by some under a different name: he had a hit a few years ago now -- "Would You?" under the name Touch andn Go (iTunes linky)

:eek:

10. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Once youve found people like Bill Bailey and Ross Noble, nearly everyone i've known gets into them and watches their videos, demanding they play live in the UK (I've been lucky enough to see Bill in Birmingham at the NIA - ooooh - the classic moment at the end :) )