BBEdit - custom-defined collapsable "chunks"?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by cleo, Sep 17, 2008.

1. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

I've been using BBEdit Lite/TextWrangler for years, but have been trying out the full version of BBEdit for a few days now, and so far I love it.

I do have one question though. Working on a CSS file, for example, the app gives you little arrow thingies to "collapse" rules, making it easier to see what you're working on at any given time. Is there any way to define such chunks on a custom basis, so as to collapse large portions of a document? (One section of my CSS file has about 30 selectors... instead of collapsing them individually, and still having 30 lines showing, I'd like to just collapse them all as a group while not working on them).

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I think I have a solution for you. Highlight the text you want collapsed, then go under View and select Fold Selection.

* I'm using version 8.7.2, so menu items may vary if you have a different version. I'm hoping to upgrade to version 9 though.

3. cleo thread starter macrumors 65816

cleo

Yes, that's perfect! OMG, now I see why people drool over this app... I'm actually excited about code again. Time to start saving my pennies... :)

Thank you!!!