BBM for iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 818macuser, Jun 25, 2011.

1. 818macuser macrumors newbie

Hello, this is my first post.

I currently have an iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4g, and a Blackberry Pearl flip. I was wondering if there was any way to write an app (to be made available via Cydia) that would be able to use an existing PIN from an existing Blackberry (previously owned) and use that PIN to use the BBM service. I don't know anything about coding/programming/writing apps, but I was wondering if this would be a project anyone is interesting in doing with me. I have the iPod Touch for testing out the app.

I know there is a program called Soti Pocket Controller Pro for PC's that allows you to use BBM and manage it from your PC, but I have to test that out. The app I'm trying to create will be similar to that, but like a mobile version. I just want to use BBM because it makes contacting all my friends easier (we're in highschool and that's what everyone uses) but I don't want to give up my iPhone. Is there a way to create this app? Anyone willing to help? Or is there already an existing app on Cydia?

PS I know of other alternatives like TextFree and stuff, but that's not what I want. I want an app that can read BBM statuses and send messages directly to BBM.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

I am going to say no, something like that would exist if it was possible

3. 818macuser thread starter macrumors newbie

4. aleni macrumors 68020

even if u could, you'll get your ass sued in no time by pissing the RIM off about their only cash cow.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, you cant.
    Only if BB allows its BBM on the appstore then you'd be able to install it on your iphone.
    Untill then use imessages. Its the same type of thing as BBM but only between idevices.