BBM is coming to Android and iOS!

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by 0dev, May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

2. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

Haven't they just opened up the people holding on to BBM on their BlackBerry hardware up to leaving and using an Android or iPhone in future?

No Windows phone love either? :confused:

3. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

More like "bout damn too late".

4. Fireblade macrumors 65816

Fireblade

5. 0dev thread starter macrumors 68040

0dev

From the Verge's livestream:

Basically they're saying these new BlackBerries don't need BBM to sell them. An interesting move. It kind of makes sense seeing as a lot of people are clinging onto legacy devices purely for BBM. I guess they're trying to get rid of the image that BBM is the only thing they have going for them while also expanding the brand across the major platforms.

It'd be nice to have it on Windows Phone but you can't fault them for going for the major platforms first.

6. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

I don't understand this move. It doesn't make any sense, over a year this was THE reason why BlackBerry users stuck with RIM.

Now that it's coming to iOS & android, why would I want a BlackBerry/BB10 with No Apps. I bought the Z10 and it was THE reason why I sold it.

Love BB10, the best in Communication (E-Mail, Call Quality, Reception). I also love their Keyboard with Swipe Up feature and THE feature I want iOS & android to get is the Swipe-from-Bezel to wake up.

7. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

I was initially confused by the confidence quote but it does make sense put that way. Thanks! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.